Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm Back!!


     Hello, night owls!! I'm so glad to be back with you guys and I've got so much I want to cover in the next couple of weeks! Fortunately, my tendinitis isn't killing me the way it did last week and I'm undergoing physical therapy for it, so I can continue to bring you the usual midnight ramblings. With that in mind, I will be returning to the usual posting routine (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) to bring you new posts.
     So what's on the plate for the next couple weeks?
     We're going to dive into the subject of fantasy by looking at multiple aspects of the genre. On Wednesday, we will look at the depiction of fairies in the past and the present, including digging into the folklore of the British Isles to see the darkest origins of the little people. For Friday, there will be a book review of a young adult novel called Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell, a steampunk/fairy(?) adaptation of the Cinderella story. I didn't think I was going to review it until I began grinding my teeth in frustration at the multiple flaws and annoyances it contains (then again, it's young adult fiction - what else should I expect?). So yeah, get ready for a rant! Next Monday, we will look over three fantasy movies of the 1980's in order to understand why 80's fantasy movies get such strong love/hate reactions. Next Wednesday is still undetermined, but on Friday, I'll give a Top 10 list of fairy rules to wrap up the theme.
     Sounds cool?
     It feels so good to be back!

                                                                                                        ~Maud,
                                                                                                Official Night Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment